Boy, do I loooove moving. Tying up some loose ends, I finally got my car inspected today. The shop (known as "Shop A") I originally took it to for inspection failed the car, but fixed my muffler bracket.. A cheap part and 3 minutes worth of labor for $70. They never asked me if this should be repaired or told me the price before I came in, so I told them that I wouldn't pay for it, and they took the bracket off my car. Judging from that experience, I decided to get my car repaired somewhere else I could trust. If I got it repaired and took my car back to Shop A again for another inspection, that inspection would be free.
So, I took my car to Shop B and they fixed it, told me that they could get it inspected and passed for $50, but I didn't want to pay the fee again.
It's off to Shop A again so I can get a second, and free, inspection. They failed it. This time, the inspection report said that my car was worse off than the first time I had it inspected.
Bull-Fucking-Shit.
I took my car back to Shop B and - surprise! - it passed with flying colors.
Tomorrow, I will be going back to Shop A and asking them for a refund. Whether or not I get my money back, I will be reporting this to the state.
Speaking of the state, I had to visit our phoneless DMV today to find out what I needed to get my car registered. See, in Rhode Island, you can't call the DMV to ask them what you need to bring because, has the clerk told me today, they only have 2 lines. For the WHOLE state. And their website is next to useless.
Maybe in another month, my car will be legal!

<< Home