8/20/2003

Hightower Speaks
Popular Populist Jim Hightower has a new book, "Thieves In High Places". It should be on your reading list, because you have to love a man who can provide you with this quote: "I look at a guy like [Rep. Dick] Armey and think, '100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?'" You can read this and more from one of his recent speeches delivered at an event sponsered by True Majority.

Some other interesting quotes from Hightower's speech:

"Empire tends to bloat one's ego. Bush said to the National Security Council last year, 'I do not need to explain why I say things. That's the interesting thing about being president. I don't feel like I owe anybody an explaination.' Why wasn't that on the evening news?" Yes, why wasn't it? If we had a truly liberal media, shouldn't they be jumping all over comments such as that?

"George W. Bush had a fundraiser here in New York City during the 2000 election. This was his attempt to make a little joke. He was looking out over a sea of tuxedos and designer gowns, thousand-dollar-a-plate event, and he said, 'This is an impressive crowd. The have and have mores. Some call you the elite. I call you my base.'"

"You know they say that in sex, using a feather is erotic but using the whole chicken, that's kinky." hightower said that, not Bush. Isn't this man great?