The benefits of being poor
Anyone who reads this blog knows that I rant about Bush. A lot. So, not wanting to be negative all the time, I tried to think of something good that has happened in my life that the Bush administration played a part in. So, since I have been rather poor this year, and last month and a half was a particularly tough one to go shopping and keep food on the shelves, I had to tighten the belt. A lot. I've lost 15 pounds! Fuck the Atkins Diet, I'm on the Arbusto Diet!
For full disclosure, it helps that I had a construction job where I was running around all day. But Bush helped out with that job, too, because it was constructing nuclear submarines for the Navy! (One big explaination for why I got out of there as quick as possible.)
So, thanks to Bush and a new diet of eating a lot less then I used to, I'm shedding the pounds and I'm not starting to look like Karl Rove anymore!
See, even I can say something good about our President. Can't complain about me being partisan now, nope, nossir.
On the good news front, I just got another job that's far, far away from any defense contracts, with better pay to boot. So I should be puting a few pounds back on, but that's fine by me.

<< Home