10/30/2003

A letter to my former manager

The manner in which I have been released from my contract is wholly unprofessional and completely unappreciated. Sending an email to my contractors at 5:30, while I'm still at work and finishing my shift at 7:00pm, to inform them of my termination when I haven't even been warned or informed for this action is the biggest back stabbing I have received in my five years working has an IT help desk technician. Not only did you not warn me, but you've never even said a word to me other then, "Hi Adam." We've never even held a conversation.

I have to depend upon a job to put food in my mouth and keep a roof over my head, you know. Not to lay a guilt trip on you, but I was never aware that I had done something wrong because I was never warned. If you were not satisfied with my performance, why wasn't I warned? Why wasn't I told? Why was I simply like go like I am some piece of trash that you are done with?

Sir, I am not a piece of trash. I'm a human being and I expect to be treated like one.

Do you have a family, Dana? Do you have bills that need to be paid? How would you feel if you got stabbed in the back and suddenly lost your job? How do you think I feel?

The least you could have done is warned me, Dana. The least you could have done is treated me like a human being.

I still have a book in my cubical. Arrangements will need to be made so I can get this book back, or I will be sending you a bill.

Have a nice life, Dana. I hope you don't have too much trouble sleeping at night. Make sure I'm in your thoughts while your at church this Sunday.

"Sincerely,"

Adam Dupont

Update: I should mention that the assholes who did this to me were Citizens Bank. If you don't want to do business with assholes, don't do business with Citizens Bank.