New Feature: "The Old News"
A brief introduction: Why the hell would I want to report old news? Dur, it's old!
Well, yes. But lemmie explain, for those of you not familiar with my internet situation, I don't have access to the web at my job. I may someday, but I don't know when. This being the case, I cannot update my blog from work, nor can I search for the latest news.
My only saving grace is access to email, so I can send myself webpages from home before I leave, and then I read those all day. I email myself many articles I find on the morning and a lot of blogs and and I want to post a lot of what I read, but by the time I'm home and I can get to the computer, around 9-10pm EST, all of this news is old and posting it seems silly.
Because of my situation, there has been a lot of news recently which I haven't reported. If you click on my links to the right, though, you probably wouldn't care because you get to read what I read from other sources. This is not an acceptable to me, though, because it makes me feel lazy and I know that some of my friends and family who don't have loads of time on their hands read my blog and not other blogs.
Seeing that this is supposed to be an informative and detailed news blog, I'm not doing my job if I don't report important news, even if it's old.
So, welcome to The Old News. I will write this at work and email it to myself to post to the blog at night, filled with information and links to news and blogs that I have emailed to myself in the morning and read at work.
For those of you who read other blogs, this feature will probably not interest you. But for other readers, it will make the blog more complete for one-stop information shopping when you don't have too much time on your hands.
If you want to email me articles while I'm at work, that would make a happy little cubicle man. Send article link and text to work at loadedmouth dot com and you'll get credit if I post it to The Old News.
This feature will die when I get internet access at work, or when I have to start studying for my A+ certification, and that book is about a thousand pages and I'll be digesting it in a couple months.

<< Home