So, when's Saddam's "Mission Accomplished" party?
I'll freely admitt hat I didn't think about anything of much importance yesterday, it was a rather lazy day for the noggin. It happens. But, I still can't stop thinking about the attacks that took place in Baghdad yesterday. Our opposition had a plan which was well thought out and, worse, well executed. This is the same opposition that our president tried leading the nation to believe that we had defeated when he used taxpayer dollars to fly onto an aircraft carrier and declare "Mission Accomplished".
Will Bush take those words back anytime soon? Will his administration finally admit that taking the suggestion of the PNAC to give Ahmed Chabali a leadership role in Iraq wasn't quite a good idea and finally kick the man to the curb? Will they admit that the war is still going on, and stop trying to propagandize that things ar hunky-dory in Iraq, the citizens love us, and our soldiers are just building schools and yadda yadda yadda? Will they finally admit that things are fucked and their intelligence reports absolutely suck if the supposedly weak opposition is strong enough to launch attacks like the one we saw yesterday?
And just where is Saddam, anyways? How do we know that he isn't organizing these attacks? Will we ever catch an "evildoer"?
I expect to see some retractions. First of statements, and then of troops.

<< Home