I enjoy pain
I watched Bill O'Reilly friday night. God, is this guy an asshole.
He was bitching about movies like "Kill Bill" getting favorable press reviews. His main gripe, if you haven't already guessed, is all about the children. What if a child sees this violent film, baw baw baw, parents can't watch them all the time, baw baw baw.
That's right, parents can't watch their children all the time. That's why it's their responsibility to instill their children with responsibility and a sense of knowing right from wrong. Maybe I'm from a different planet or something, but I believe that's called parenting.
One of Bill's guests tried saying that violent films like "Kill Bill" are not art. I forget his name, so I'll just call him Fuckhole. So, news to Fuckhole: who are you to say what is and isn't art? If anyone uses their creativity to create something, that's art. End of fucking story. Just because you don't happen to like it doesn't make it any more or less of an art piece. Beyond this, inciting that "Kill Bill" has no artistic value just because it's a violent movie is absolutely ludicrous from an artistic and historical standpoint. The choreography alone of a scene with 35-40 sword-wielding actors in a kung-fu fight is a pretty impressive feat. Maybe Fuckhole should go see the movies he claims has no artistic value before making the claims of a silly, silly clueless man. As for history, I remember reading "Beowulf" in high school. If I remember correctly, he story had death and dismemberment in it. My summer reading lists were filled with books about war and gang violence. One can make the case that violence has always been a staple of great literature. Hell, look at the Bible, particularly the Old Testament.
Furthermore, O'Reilly complaining about violence in Hollywood? Gimmie a break. What moral ground does this guy have to stand on when he supported war in Iraq? Are we now supposed to think that a war which killed untold thousands of innocent civilians not only lacks violence, but our children should support it and hear about it on the news every night? The gall of this man to rally against violent films while he supports death and dismemberment of people abroad. Could anything be more hypocritical?
Honestly, why does this guy even have a fucking job? Why is he famous? How could people believe this trash? How can people even continue to take Fox News seriously when they refuse to fire a fuck up "jounralist" like Geraldo Rivera? How can they be "Fair and Balanced" when their anchors take part in panel discussions about the issues? I mean, have you ever seen Tom Brokow in a panel discussion, nevermind on a weekly basis like Brit Hume? No, of course not. No matter your opinion of anchors like Tom Brokow, they at least recognize that they are supposed to be objective journalists. Not Hume! The man who accepted an award from a group which believes in the total and absolute destruction of the Democratic party because they are delusional enough to believe they are socialists and terrorists is supposed to be their "Fair and Balanced" anchor!
What gets me is that people believe this. They actually believe that the media is too liberal and that Fox News is a counterweight to it, instead of what the channel really is: a mouthpiece of Republican talking points.
I realize that I probably haven't said anything new with this rant, but what the fuck? Do you ever get the feeling that the half of this nation is absolutely nuts? Doesn't it drive you crazy that the Republicans have crowed their myth about the "liberal media" so much that many people think it's a reality? And what's their attitude if you disagree with them? Why, you're unamerican! You must hate America if you don't agree with every single word that I say! I mean, how can you even talk with somebody so unreasonable?

<< Home