11/18/2003

Sign of the times

Tom Tomorrow's latest cartoon has this quotable in it: "You know, I'm not really sure gay marriage would lead to the inevitably to widespread sex with animals..." Roll that line around in your head for a couple minutes and then try telling me that Republicans haven't fucked with our thinking process. The fact that we have to defend gay marriage from attackers on the right saying that it could lead to some hot man on dog action, it's just ridiculous.

What's gay marriage? It's two consenting adults who love each other and want to get married. That's friggen it. End of fucking story. If any of these freedom loving Republicans truly cared about the freedoms of their fellow citizens, they would say to themselves, "Well, I'm not gay and I would not like to be in a gay marriage, but I understand that if two other people of the same sex get married, it has no effect on my life. It does not infringe upon my freedoms. So what's the problem?" The fact that they have a problem wih gay marriage means that they have a problem with freedom. 50 years ago, these same assholes would have been the ones claiming that interracial marriage is a sin and it shouldn't be legal.

Go take your morals and keep pushing up those divorce rates, assholes.

Why do we even give those arguments the dignity of a counterpoint? They are just so stupid. People who use them should be given the "You're a FUCKING MORON!" look before we move onto more productive things.