Since my DSL line is down, I can't do much blogging because 'm only running at 28.8bps and I can't be on the telephone for too long. Expect updates latre tonight.
More on how much Verizon sucks. They called me today at noon. Since I'm trying to adjust to a third shift schedule and I went to bed at 7:00am, noon is a very bad time to call. Was yet, I was told hat instead of Verizon coming here on monday, they would be here on thursday. I was able to talk him down to wednesday, but this still leaves me down for another friggen week, which is unacceptable. The tech told me that line tests failed (this is news to me) and that the lines inside my house had to be checked. So, I mentioned to him that before I got the DSL line, a Verizon tech came into to install a phone jack, and he also replaced the line outside the house. If the lines instead the house also needed repair, and the tech knew that I was getting DSL, WHY DIDN'T HE FUCKING DO IT THEN?! Of course, he didn't know why.
So yeah, I'm stuck with these assholes. I threatened to goto another ISP, but Verizon said that if I do that they they won't check the lines inside my house, which they should have done in the first place. How's that for blackmail?
If you're thinking about getting a DSL line, I'll tell you right now: don't go through Verizon. I've had my line for a little over 2 months and it's been down for 2 weeks because of their incompetence. And the timing of this couldn't be worse, since I got DSL so I could be online looking for a job and have the telephone line free so I could get calls from employers. Well, now that I have to look for a job, the DSL line goes down again. Sigh. You can't trust anybody to do their jobs these days.. So it's ironic that they still have jobs while I'm out on my ass. What the fuck am I doing wrong?

<< Home