The economy's doing great!
BBC: "US deficit may pose 'global risk'."
Excessive fiscal deficits in the US could hurt the long-term sustainability of the American and global economies, the International Monetary Fund warned.
Recession, tax cuts and high spending for the war on terrorism have resulted in large deficits, the IMF said.
All that and no jobs, too. In the meantime, Bush wants to keep his tax cuts, some Democratic candidates are promising further tax cuts (with what money will these cuts be funded?), and Bush wants to setup programs to give jobs to non-American citizens. I don't mean to bash immigrants with that line; part of my family came here illegally in the early part of last century and we're all pretty productive. I have no problem with immigrants. We built this country. What I do have a problem with is when regular, non-immigrated American citizens are having trouble finding jobs and our president is looking to give jobs to non-citizens. Until we have a strong enough economy where there's enough jobs to go around, shouldn't we be more worried about our own citizens and their employment first?

<< Home