You should be reading Mother Jones anyways...
My mailbox has a present for me this afternoon: the latest issue of Mother Jones. Inbetween classes, work, and my grand total of 3 hours worth of sleep inbetween, I haven't had time to read the articles yet. But I was able to look over the photos they had of soldiers injured in Iraq, and I somberly report that they are some of the most powerful photographs I've seen in a while. Many of the soldiers photoed have lost one of their legs, one lost both of his, another lost his eye sight. The very first photo is just so striking.. You're looking are a soldier in tee shirt and boxers, a metal rod with a shoe attached to the end serving in place of his leg, learning how to walk again. Then you look at his face, and he's just a kid. 21.. Which I realize I'm only 4 and a half years removed from, but if I lost my leg now, I couldn't imagine having to go through the first of my half without it.
All these injuries, all of this pain and suffering.. And for what? Why can we only see this reported in a lefty magazine like Mother Jones? There have been over 500 soldiers killed in Iraq, and thousands more injured. It just seems like this is being ignored.

<< Home