3/03/2004

Gee, that war's going great

I won't link to this because you've probably already heard about the bomb in Iraq that blew 185 to pieces. God, that's just fucking powerful and scary to think about. I listened to commentary about this on the radio yesterday, and they pointed out that it seems the attacks in Iraq in increasing in power, and death tolls, even though the death tolls among our troops have dropped. (Supposedly, I'd have to double check that, but I have noticed that I'm not seeing a headline of one of two troop deaths per day anymore.) On this, they mentioned that our troops have, in effect, learned how to avoid causalities by hiding and protecting themselves better, so opposition forces are now targetting Iraqi citizens who can't protect themselves. Buzzflash, who sometimes have excessive flare in their headlines, had a headline yesterday saying that civil war there is getting started. They may not be off the mark.