So you want proof that file sharing helps album sales?
Here you go. That's a lnk (to a link) of a study which draws a correlation between the most popular songs downloaded and the albums which contain them not suffering from sales. So maybe the record companies are "losing money" (they're still raking in multi-billion dollars worth of profits) because they continue to release a constant barrage of shitty music?
On that topic, what's the last major label album you bought? Compare that with the last CD you bought and whether or not it was released on an independent label. Besides the latest Offspring album I got this Christmas, the last major label album I bought was Johnny Cash's "The Man Comes Around." I purchased that in October of 2002, so it's been a year and a half since I found it worthwhile to purchase anything released by a major label. How about you?

<< Home