4/14/2004

Second and third reactions

More flung poo from the monkey:

At a combination speech and news conference at the White House, Bush rejected suggestions that Iraq was becoming another Vietnam — a quagmire without ready exit. "I think that analogy is false," he said. "I also happen to think that analogy sends the wrong message to our troops and sends the wrong message to the enemy."

So, erm, what is the exit strategy? How long will we be there for? When do we know the job is finished? How the fuck are we going to leave? Isn't this starting to sound like Vietnam?!

I think Bush answers that with this next quote. I have part of this in the previous post, but the linked article completes his sentence. On Gen. Abizaid wanting more troops:

"If that's what he wants, that's what he gets," Bush said. "And we'll need to be there for a while."

Gee, isn't this the same administration that denied criticism from poplelike me when we said that our troops would be stuck in Iraq for years? Didn't Bush try telling us that we'd be in and out quickly, we'll whack Saddam and find weapons of mass destruction and the Iraqi people would rise up and welcome us with open arms and love us forever and form a democracy quickly and there would be no trouble at all and everyone would live happily ever after?

I didn't watch the press conference, nor have I read a transcript of it yet, but I'm going to go out on a limb that none of those reporters even dared to ask Bush what his "exit strategy" is, why all of his administration's predictions about the reactions of Iraqi people were wrong, and where the fuck are those goddamn weapons of mass destruction?! You know, the fucking reason we went to war in the first place? Couldn't one reporter have asked, "President Bush, why did you lie to us?"