4/24/2004

What else can you think about this?

Does it take the death of a former NFL playing in Afghanistan for the president to give his sympathies to a soldier's family? Apparently so.

"Pat Tillman was an inspiration on and off the football field, as with all who have made the ultimate sacrifice in the war on terror. His family is in the thoughts and prayers of President and Mrs. Bush," Taylor Gross, a spokesman for the White House, said in a statement.

This isn't a knock against Pat Tillman. I may be a pacifist, but I do appreciate our troops. I'm just PO'ed that Bush avoids even recognizing the fact that they are dying overseas until a former NFL player is KIA. He jokes about the fact that Iraq doesn't have any WMDs and then stays silent for a week while some of the worst fight goes on, but if an NFL player is killed, he reacts the next day. Where are his priorities?