The Delusional
Sometimes I wonder if I'm living on a different planet called "Alter Earth complete with Vitamin C and Common Sense!" How else to explain statements from the only man in the blogosphere who's possibily more hairy than me?
I also liked the way the president unapologetically linked what we are doing in Iraq with the broader war on terror. Critics like to believe that Saddam was somehow utterly unconnected to broader terror, had no potential to enable it, and was too secular to cooperate with al Qaeda. They're wrong on all counts. [tasnote: Really? Where's the proof? Where's the compromising photos of Sadaam and Osama?] In the wake of 9/11, a Saddam-Zarqawi alliance would have been a terrible threat. Now we have a Baathist-Zarqawi insurgency. And we have had a year to defeat it. [Something tells me this Baathist-Zarqawi alliance would have never happened if we never invaded Iraq in the first place.] Threading the needle of sovereignty, transfer of power, battling terrorism and coordinating elections is still a massive undertaking. But I was reassured by the president's speech. It's a beginning. He now has to make a version of it again and again and again. He is up against a press corps determined to make this transition fail, in order to defeat a Bush presidency. [Is he actually serious with this line? Please tell me he's not. Please tell me he's not this delusional.] He will need true grit to withstand it.
I think I need true grit just to read through this shit.

<< Home