Excuses, excuses
I'm at home right now, been glued to this chair for the past few hours when I should have visited the gym, or the shower, at least once... But I haven't posted much. My excuse for this is that when I'm at home using the computer, it's more of a social experience for me. I don't concentrate as much on news hunting. I keep Trillian open, email friends, download MP3s, listen to them endlessly, etc. You know the drill. Plus the dog occsionally wants to play or go for a walk, and feel bad if he's just lying there, too bored to move because the alpha male won't get his butt off tis chair.
When I post to the blog, it's at work. I'm locked in a room for 8 hours, I usually keep AIM closed, I occasionally email friends, and I don't have speakers and can't download MP3s for my listening pleasure. It gets me in the blogging mode. Right now, I have too many distractions, coupled with concentration problems, I become less sharp then I should be.
So it's not that I'm ignoring the blog. I really no want to comment on stories, like this one about the head of Iraq's Governing Council being murdered, but I don't feel like I can make sense of it yet. I don't have time the time to sift through all the news, read the thousands of headlines and hundreds of articles, form the big picture in my head and try to make sense of it all.
So, it's not that I'm ignoring the blog, this just isn't the best environment for blogging. And if my intent is to be a useless lump, maybe I should get my fat ass to the gym for a while.

<< Home