It just gets worse
Flexible Kerry manages to, yet again, deep throat his foot.
Democrat John Kerry said Wednesday he's open to nominating anti-abortion judges as long as that doesn't lead to the Supreme Court overturning the landmark 1973 ruling that made abortion legal. ...
As fellow Democrats and abortion-rights groups demanded clarification, Kerry issued a statement after the interview pledging to not to appoint anybody to the Supreme Court who would undo the right to abortions. He left open the possibility of appointing anti-abortion judges to lower courts.
[rolls up a newspaper and whaps Kerry repeatedly on the nose] NO NO NO NO NO NO NO! BAD DOGGY! This has to be the most asinine thing I've heard from this man. It's most certainly not OK to appoint pro-life justices to the federal bench, because that just places them one step closer to a Supreme Court appointment when the next Republican eventually becomes president. Besides that, there's a balance issue here. Whenever there's a Republican in office, they do everything in their power to stock the federal bench with Scalia-clones. If a Democrat gets into office and won't appoint judges with common sense, then what's the point of having him in office?
And if Kerry is going to lean this far to the wrong side of the abortion issue, what's the point of having him in office? I'm this close to removing my "Clothespin Endorsement" because I'm afraid a clothespin can't close up my nose enough to escape the stench of the stinkbomb Kerry just dropped.
Furthermore, how could Kerry ever think this position will help his campaign? I know he's trying to pander to moderates, but the majority of Americans want abortion to be legal. If Kerry is going to ride the fence on abortion, he'll lose more voters to Nader. He just can't do this. Abortion, above anything else these days, is the defining issue that seperates Democrats from Republicans. He won't gain Republican votes with the wishy-washy position, and he'll only lose voters from his base.
What the fuck is he thinking? If ditching the abortion issue isn't bad enough, he still won't define his position on Iraq. Instead, he pulls a Nixon.
"It will not be like Vietnam," Kerry said. "I will get our troops home from Iraq with honor and with the interests of our country properly protected."
How soon? "It will not take long to do what is necessary. I'm not going to give you a specific date, but I'll tell you that I have a plan and I will put that plan in place." Republican Richard M. Nixon used similar language during the 1968 presidential race, but the war dragged on for years after his election.
If you have a plan, put it on display! Please! I'm sure my voters like myself would like to know how you differ from Bush on this issue, and the time to tell us isn't after the election. The time is now. Cut the shit and tell us your plan.
God. I wonder how much rent in Canada is right now...

<< Home