5/28/2004

Just waiting for the hate mail to pour in after this one...

Actually, I don't get hate mail. I don't even get many trolls in my comments. If I have Matt start talking about Israel, the I have a feeling I'll get some hate mail.

Anyways, Israel's Infrastructure Minister is shocked - shocked!, I tell you - that Turkey's Prime Minister said Israel is a terrorist state. Why, how could they say such a thing?!

Well...

One of the first steps Israel took after occupying the territories in 1967 was to proclaim (Military Order 92, of 1967) all the water resources to be public property, as was the case in Israel itself since 1959. This measure, together with others taken by Israel, created a system that prevents the Palestinians from utilizing their water resources in a manner that meets their basic needs and the population's natural birth rate. ...

Throughout most of the hot months, hundreds of thousands of Palestinians suffer from a severe shortage of running water in their homes. The water shortage does not enable them to meet minimal living conditions and critically affects their health and welfare. Dozens of Palestinians need hospital treatment because of the water shortage and the use of polluted drinking water. The local hospitals are unable to properly treat patients, at times leading to life-threatening situations, because of the difficulty in maintaining proper hygiene due to the lack of sufficient water. This situation is particularly offensive in light of the abundance of water supplied to the Israeli settlements, at times from locally-drilled wells, contrary to international law.

Holding back water, on top of bulldozing Palestinian homes and the murder of Palestinian civilians. Nope, no terrorist actions here! Just move along, folks.