Oh shit.
Well, I'll have to eat a little crow here. I've been saying for months that Nader wouldn't be a factor in the election because there's no possible way he has the grassroots support to get on the ballot in any state besides little shit ones like Rhode Island. Well, now he's on the ballot in Florida, Colorado, Kansas, Mississippi, Montana and South Carolina. Why? Because he's been endorsed by the Reform Party.
This totally blindsided me. Fuck, I wasn't even aware that the Reform Party had ballot access in any state anymore. And now the party, which was founded by a pro-corporation Texas billionaire and endorsed the uber-right wing Pat Buchanan for president in 2000, is endorsing Nader. For somebody who has crusaded against corporations for his entire political career, this should be an embarrassment. I'd hate to start believing all of Nader's detractors who say the man is just a shill for the right, but if Nader doesn't outright decline this nomination, then what does he stand for? How can you go from Green to the party which supported Buchanan?

<< Home