Why has the press allowed the Bush administration to propagate this lie for so long?
In this story about Minnesota setting a program to import cheap Canadian drugs, here it is again!
Federal law forbids the importation of prescription drugs from Canada, where brand-name medicines can cost half the price because of tighter government controls. The government argues that it cannot ensure the safety of drugs imported into the United States. ...
Tom McGinnis, director of pharmacy affairs for the Food and Drug Administraion... said the agency continues to have safety concerns about imported medicines: "For $15, I wouldn't personally risk my health. It's almost like rolling the dice."
Have you heard of any Canadians dying due to complications of bad Canadian medication? No? Gee, that's funny, because I haven't either.
This is absolutely ridiculous. I've seen this lie since Bush came into office, and the media just repeats it like the good government stenographers that they are. Whatever happened to journalism? Whatever happened to researching and investigating? Would some asshole from the fourth estate plus at least ask an FDA official if they have proof positive that Canadian drugs, and the drug testing administrated by their own health agencies, is so much worse than ours that it's a problem? And if it's true that Canadian drugs aren't safe, why aren't we helping them? They border us, they are our friends, after all. Why has the Bush administration sat around with a thumb up its ass for the past 3 and a half years and not offered help to our fellow maple donut munching neighbors to the Great White North? I mean, they could use it. Even if their drugs are clean, we could still send them care packages of scissors so they can chop off those goddamn mullets.
Somehow, I just can't take the Bush administration seriously on this one. Why does the press?

<< Home