8/10/2004

My money is spent

Last month, I gave Loaded Mouth readers a chance to spend my money. Let me refresh your memory...

I've got a dilemma.

I want to donate to the Kerry/Edwards campaign for the sole purpose of helping them defeat Bush this fall. However, I'm not a big fan of Kerry, and since giving any money to that man will make me feel dirty, I haven't given him a cent yet.

So I've made a compromise with myself: As long as I donate an equal amount of money to a worthy cause, I won't feel so dirty about giving Kerry money.

All I need is an organization to donate to, and that's where you come in. ACLU is out, I've already given them money this year. Who do you think I should donate to?

I received one response. And it was from my sister, so I'm still disappointed in the rest of you. :P

Regardless, I went ahead with the donations. Kerry/Edwards got $50, and Oxfam's Sudan Crisis Fund got $50.

I know it seems hypocritical to talk about spending money when just a few hours ago, I said, "Looks like I won't be blowing my money on any frivolous material crap this week." But this wasn't frivolous, and I lumped the donation in with larger bills, so the hit on my savings account doesn't feel that bad.

Are you interested in donating to help the people of Darfur? Click here.