Oi...
The bad news just keeps pouring in this morning. Now there's a report that Syria performed chemical weapons tests on Darfur refugees. I'm hoping this report is incorrect, but I'm not going to hold my breath waiting for another article saying it's a hoax. The brush-aside treatment given to the Darfur refugees in the Arab world, particularly from the Arab League, has been absolutley reprehensible. There's 10,000 people dying a month, and I honestly don't think they give a damn because their main interest is in protecting Sudan's Islamist government. Seeing stories like this, and knowing how the Arab League, and countries like China and Pakistan, have dragged their feet on the Darfur genocide makes me lose hope in the world getting it's shit together quickly enough to avoid mass deaths that make 10,000 a month look tiny. Because that is what's coming for the people of Darfur.

<< Home