9/08/2004

Unbounced

To any fool who still believes that Bush got an 11 point bounce in the polls after the convention, check your RNC membership cards at the door and read up.

Forecasts of John Kerry's political demise may have been exaggerated in recent days, and he could still be clinging to a narrow lead in the US presidential race, according to a poll published yesterday.
The poll, by Zogby International, reflected the state of play in 20 swing states, and found that the surge in George Bush's support there after last week's Republican convention, was less pronounced than the double-digits suggested in two weekend polls. ...

The Zogby poll says the president has made up ground in many of the 20 battleground states, but Mr Kerry retains a slim lead in most of them - enough to give him a majority in the electoral college, if the vote was held now.

Unsurprisingly, I had to get this article from the international media. I guess I can't expect to find this in vangaurds of the US mainstream press like Time, who are responsible for one of the fault polls; and Newsweek, responsible for the other faulty one.