The Curse of Nomah
How about them Cubbies? I thought the A's were the kings of choking, but that was before seeing this playoff bound Chicago team drop 7 of 9 games against the Mets and Reds, ferchristssake. Then they lose to the Braves by letting Mike Hampton - a pitcher - hit a homer. (I know Hampton is a very good hitter despite being a pitcher, but still.) That's pretty pathetic. And while, as a baseball fan, I would have loved to see another chance at a Red Sox/Cubs World Series, as a Red Sox fan I can't help but laugh at the ball club which traded for our whiny ass "superstar" shortstop and expected him to lead them to greatness. Didn't Nomar try bunting in extra innings, tying run on first base, and only one out? I guess those fireballers on the Reds pitching staff were just too much for him.
I'll be laughing until my coworker reads this and kicks my ass this Tuesday.

<< Home