10/20/2004

In reply to some blog snobs

This message will not contain links, or even names. It concerns a post propmted by the actions of yours truly on a top conservative blog whose name starts with a "W" and ends with a "!". They took offense to one of my trackback links calling them out for staying silent about my comments on their blog, saying that the reason nobody responded to me was because I'm a "newbie."

Well, excuuuuuse me. I thought the blogging world was supposed to be a free exchange of ideas, and somebody who has a credible point deserves to see a response. I didn't know that there was a ranking system in place that determines who will and won't see a reply to their points. I guess I'm just supposed to talk to myself for a while until the great God of Blogging determines that I'm seasoned enough to deserve a response? Gee, that would be fun K, where the fuck do I sign up?!

Fucking blog snobs.

What I'll never understand is why many bloggers, usually on the conservative side of the fence, have a stick up thier ass about commenting. Many of them will delete comments outright, or ban people, say that you can't post a certain thing, etc. Why? Who honestly gives a shit? If these people actually believed in the free exchange of ideas, they wouldn't. And as for saying that I don't deserve a response because I'm a "newbie," that's a classic cop out. Maybe I just didn't receive a response from you or any of your readers because [shock] I was right? What is it with Republicans and the truth, anyways? Why can't they face it? And while I may be a "newbie" on that particular site, I've been a blogger for almost 2 years, and I administrated a news Yahoo/eGroup before Atrios was blogger semen. It's not like I started reading blogs yesterday.

K, if you can't take the heat from comments and trackbacks telling you that you're wrong, then maybe you shouldn't be a blogger.