10/07/2004

You know what argument I'm sick of hearing?

The conservative's debate rant on how, "People who listen to the debate on the radio will pick the Republican!" Yadda yadda yadda. Well, I listened to the first half hour of the Bush/Kerry debate on the radio, and you know what? Bush sucked on the radio, too. In fact, TV may have worked to Bush's benefit because on the radio it sounded like he was pounding on the lectern, which wasn't the case when I got to see him speak. He was still absolutely terrible on both mediums. But if the conservatives still insist that we judge the debates solely on substance and not take style into account at all, fine, I have a compromise for you: We shove a voicebox down each candidates throat to make sure they sound the same, put bags over their heads, lock them in two separate cages on the stage, and then let them debate.

Actually, that might be entertaining. So come on, debate in a cage! You up for it?