11/06/2004

Disciples of Blasphemous Reprisal

Memo to every Bush supporter who thinks it's rude to characterize some of their comrades as unintelligent:

  • Anyone who doesn't believe in evolution is stupid
  • Anyone who thinks stem cell research leads to murder is stupid
  • Anyone who thinks that the dinosaurs never existed is stupid
  • Anyone who thinks that Earth and the Universe is only 8000 years old is stupid
  • Anyone who thinks Bush hasn't made one single mistake is stupid
  • Anyone who still thinks Saddam and Osama were connected is stupid
  • Anyone who thinks Bush isn't increasing the size of our government is stupid
  • Anyone who supposedly supports freedom, then votes for Bush and doesn't notice the contradiction, is stupid

I'm sick of being told that I'm the problem because I insist that these kinds of people are stupid. Well, you know what? They fucking are stupid, so get the fuck over it. Call me an elitist or any demoralizing name you wish, but if somebody doesn't believe in basic science like evolution and the Big Bang, then I refuse to regard them as my intellectual equals. Their crackpot ideas are not supported by empirical evidence, they have absolutely no basis in reality, and they are bringing down the once fine educational system of this country. So don't you dare tell me I'm doing damage to the country by calling these people stupid, because I'm only preaching the truth: They're fucking stupid. End of story.