11/01/2004

Power Line refuses my request for the email

Today, I've received two emails from Power Line's The Big Trunk, aka Scott Johnson. I informed him that I've questioned his accusations against Minnesota ACT and that I've talking with Minnesota ACT about his accusations. I've been as fair as possible, giving him a chance to defend his side of the story by forwarding me the email he printed to Power Line.

Mr. Johnson refuses to share the email.

I find this action to be highly hypocritical of Mr. Johnson, and Power Line as a whole. This is one of the fabled Rathergate blogs which took CBS to task about the memos a 60 Minutes story were based off of, but apparently Power Line sees no problem in withholding an actual email that they have published on their blog. Since Mr. Johnson chooses not to open himself upto the same scrutiny his blog had no problem delivering against CBS, I'm forced to conclude that Power Line's story cannot be trusted; it is not an example of fraud by Minnesota ACT.

And if anyone doubts that Mr. Johnson and I exchanged emails, click here.