11/05/2004

The Untouchable Blowjob

Most that have read my constant rantings probably know that I had a Republican girlfriend when I lived in Cincinnati. I don't talk to her anymore and, in general, I try not talking about her, period. But whenever there's a conversation about the mindset of right, on how they think and operate, I can't help but use the GOP ex as a point of reference. So, as I sat here thinking about how impeaching a president for getting a blowjob is such fucking bullshit, I wondered if the right would hold Bush to the seem standards if they found him diddling with an intern in the Oval Office.

The reason, as you probably already know, is no. Of course they wouldn't, because they never hold their breathen to the critical standards which they apply to their enemies.

But we're talking blowjobs here, the most serious of high crimes! How do you know Republicans wouldn't impeach Bush for getting head?

Oh, I know.

My ex and I had a conversation on this topic. I asked her point blnk if she would want Bush impeached for a blowjob. Her answer? No. I bet you're not accurately predicting what I did next, because you're probably thinking one of two things: A) My head exploded. Wrong, but it came pretty damn close. Or B) I used this has grounds for withholding sex. In retrospect, I probably should have done such.

But neither happened. I was rational and logical. My next question, naturally, was how in the fuck can you maintain that Clinton should have been kicked out of office for getting some sucky-sucky, while nothing should happen to Bush if he did the exact same thing?

And her answer: Bush is a Republican, so nobody will care.

And that, my friends, is the mindset of the right. That's who we're dealing with. These people won't take responsibility for shit even when they know they are dead wrong. Dubya could fuck Jenna's mouth while Barbara attacked his ass with a strap-on, and Rush Limbuagh would still find a way to blame it all on the Clinton's.