In the interests of being fairly balanced...
On 11/26/04, I wrote a piece concerning the protest efforts of the Turn your back on Bush group. In short, I thought their hearts were in the right place, but a protest like this would go unnoticed. I based my opinion on the fact that the 2000 protests, which were large and very widespread, were pretty much ignored by the mainstream media.
Since then, I have received an email from Jet Heiko, one of TyboB's organizers, which I haven't replied to yet. He highlighted upon some differences we have in what protest tactics we think should be displayed on the streets, and also mentioned that TyboB was garnering some mainstream media attention. Last night, a short article about TyboB was released by the AP, and picked up (so far) by MSNBC and USA Today. Do I think this is big and takes away from my point that I think this type of protest will go largely unnoticed? No, I don't, but it is fair to mention that they have received some media coverage.

<< Home