7/09/2003

MIA
Well, it finally happened. The computer dowstairs, my AMD K2 350mhz box that I built a few years back, finally went off the deepend. Due to circumstances beyond my control, Windows 98 had to be installed on the machione before I left for Ohio 10 months back. Now the computer boots up and thinks it is fine, but it refuses to recognize my modem.

The problem is pretty bad, because I haven't been able to solve it yet. If it takes more than a half hour of troubleshooting and the problem still isn't fixed, that means it's a big problem.

Please hold off on the obvious comments, such as, "He's using a 350mhx box from the 90's?!", or, "He's still on dial up?! Is he insane?!" This is what happens wshen one does not have money, and now that has really come back to bite me in the ass. I well be online and postijg again as ASAP, but that might take a while.

Matt, if you're reading this and there's nothing to do in Korea... You have something to do now. :)