9/06/2003

Somebody bomb the RIAA
This is absolutely laughable: the RIAA wishes to grant file traders "amnesty" as long is you come out and admit to them what MP3s you have on your computer an promise to delete them.

What a pompous bunch of assholes. Who the fuck are these people to tell me what I can and cannot have on my computer? The RIAA blames computer users like me for their declining sales, yet what do they market to me, want do they want me to buy. Britney Spears and all of the new hip hop where the "artists" can't rap or sing. If I am interested in rock, what are my options now, emo crap like Taking Back Sunday, or "harder" stuff like Linkin Park? Ohhhh, lemmie open my wallet like I've never opened it before!

These companies deserve to go out of business. Honestly. I flip through the FM dial to the music that they are marketing to people like me, people who are supposed to purchase CDs and sustain the industry, and there's nothing I want to purchase. Nothing. They release shit, have the gall to raise the price of their shit, then blame MP3s when their sales stagger. Appearently the geniuses populating their A&R departments somehow made it onto the board of directors.

I wish I had a little of what they are smoking. In the meantime, if you download MP3s and don't want to become the RIAA's one thousand six hundred and one'th victim of a lawsuit, install Peer Guardian. Think of it as a firewall specifically aimed at keeping the RIAA off your computer. It's not perfect, but it will help.