Talk about mismanagement
A quote from this article really gets me: "American gasoline supplies are at their lowest level since Nov. 2000."
Now, correct me if you're wrong and no matter your opinion about the war in Iraq (mine is still a negative one), correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't we just invade the country with the second largest oil puddle in the world? We control the second largest supply of oil in the world and yet skyrocketing gas prices are being caused by supply not meeting demand?
Some people might say that Iraq is insecure. Well, that's also mismanagment, too, proved by the fact that the US is now begging the UN to get involved in resoration of the country. And we're paying billions of dollars to Halliburton, awarded in a no-bid contract, to get the oil industry setup there. If Dick Cheney's peyt can't do the job, then, uhm, shouldn't we make it a biddable contract?
Not to mention what I think is the biggest drag on gas supplies: SUVs. The fucking things seem to get bigger and bigger every model year, burning up more and more gas.
There's also the angle that Democrats want investigated: are the oil companies reaming Americans with price gouging? A very reasonable question that should be investigated.
In friday's Providence Journal business section, there was an article about how high gas prices could be helping the biodiesel fuel industry advance. Biodiesel is fuel made from things like corn stalks and the grease in traps outside of restaurants, and it is cleaner burning than regular diesel. The market for this would be farm equipment. What the article didn't mention is what I mentioned last wednesday, that we can use biofuels to power our unleaded engines, and that Canada is already doing it.
The only thing I have heard about this in the mainstream media was either on MSNBC or Fox News, where the host made fun of the idea, instigating that using ethanol in everyday cars and SUVs is a stupid idea that just wouldn't work, but not citing any reasons why, nothing to back up their claim, They didn't even elaborate on their claim, they just laughed at the idea like it was so ridiculous that it didn't even need to be discussed; it shouldn't even be considered an option.
What's good for Canada, I guess, isn't good for America. That must be why they have cheaper prescription drugs, better health care, less crime, less poverty, more tolerance, etc. In Canada, you can fill up your tank with corn ethanol. As I have stated before, I have filled up my own car with corn ethanol, and it ran so well that I would rather use corn than gasoline if I had the choice.
But, we don't. You can partly blame our media for that.

<< Home