If this were a just world...
Even the women on the other end of the rumors says she didn't boink Kerry. After Drudge seemingly stole a story from Watchblog and claimed it was his own find (or Watchblog just aired it a week before, Drudge never read Watchblog and found the story on his own, who knows, it's not like Drudge can be trusted to tell the truth anyways) we found out, without a doubt, that they story is completely false. Does Drudge apologize? Does he post a new headline saying, "Sorry folks, I fucked up. At a time when there's actual news stories, like Bush's missing service time, I slandered a candidate who just didn't happen to agree with my ideological viewpoints. I have been dishonest, and since I'm a hack 'journalist,' drudgereport.com will be retired and I will go back to the profession which most suits my skills: washing dishes." Nope, nothing of the sort. The weasel does link to the story where the woman denies it, but also puts a link to this quote on his frontpage: 'DAD: "I think he's a sleazeball..."
He can't even admit he's wrong, he still has to take potshots at Kerry after the way he tried fucking him over and ruining his career. What a little partisan fucking weasel. I know that may seem hypocritical coming from a blogger, since we are well known air harboring our partisan biases, but Drudge is on a different level from bloggers. He receives many more hits then you average blogger and claims to be a journalist, that would be somebody who breaks stories, not just link to them. And to be fair, there may be truth to his story that a number of news organizations were investigating this incident with Kerry, but Drudge certainly implied that Kerry had an affair with an intern. This was a lie. He thought this non-story was so big, bigger then all the scandals (ie: actual stories) revolving around his boy in the White House, that he would make it his lead story. Drudge and his partisan bias jumped the gun, and worse yet, he was dead wrong. The man is not a journalist, he's a hack. In a just world, everyone would agree that the man has no credibility after pulling this.
As for talk show hosts who took this lie and ran with it, partisans like Rush, Savage, and Hannity, their credibility should be destroyed, too. These assholes always swear up and down about being more truthfully than the "liberal" media. Give me a break. If the only criteria for the media being liberal is not printing unsubstantiated lies, then thank god we have a "liberal" media. This should be an embarrassment for the Republican media, they ran with a story that didn't have any sources and turned out to be false. In the meantime, they continue to demean the very credibile stories against their president like they're nothing to be concerned about. I surely hope people who listen to this crap realize that they are being lied to, but if that still isn't apparent to the audience that Rush and Hannity court, then I suggest they continue to lie. It will catch up to them someday when enough people say, "God, this guy is a horse's ass!" and change the station.

<< Home