On being taken seriously...
People are going to look at the blog today and think, "God, this guy is a mental case." I view the succession of postings I made this morning like looking at a train wreck, and it just keeps getting worse and worse. So if this if the first time you've viewed the blog today, let me clear the air before you read anything else: I am very, very angry. Anytime I have to read about torture being perpetrated under my name and being paid for by my tax dollars, my blood boils. I feel responsibile for it, and how can I not? My hard earned cash has paid for this, and there's an unelected president sitting in office that my activism wasn't able to keep out. I am responsibile, and I'm lashing out.
I'm sick of the highly partisan mood that poisons this country. One of three things should happen to Rumsfeld: he should resign, he should be impeached, or he should be fired. This is common sense. But, we all know that this isn't going to happen because the Republicans don't give a damn. They would rather, quite literally, see innocent Iraqis imprisoned and tortured rather than admit that they are wrong. I have no problem with somebody having pride, but when your pride causes other people to get raped and killed, it's wrong. Dead wrong.
The fact that Republicans aren't calling for Rumsfeld's head bothers me. Not only does it ruin the check and balance system that's supposed to hold our government accountable for its actions, but it bothers me personally that people with a mindset this mentally unstable are running this country.
It's one thing to be partisan. It's another thing to have pride. And I'm not against having patriotism. But when my tax dollars are forcing prisoners to perform oral sex on each other and making them get raped with a broomstick, I have a couple issues. My first issue is wih the abhorrent acts themself, and my second is with the people who have the ability to remove from power those who are responsible for the acts being perpetrated but won't because they belong to the same political party. This is sick, and there's absolutely no other way to describe this behavior. It's sick and it's wrong.
As an American, if you're not angry when you hear about what Rumsfeld is responsible for, if your heart isn't broken, then I don't know what to say to you.

<< Home