6/07/2004

Will anything make these assholes happy?

Taking time out of what was surely a busy day of mourning, Little Green Footballs can't help but accuse Kerry of using Reagan's death for his own political gain after he, uhm, praised Reagan and suspended campaigning for a week.

Then I realized what it’s really about: denying Republicans a chance to “capitalize” politically on the rush of warm feelings following Reagan’s death. It’s a preemptive seizure of the moral high ground; now if President Bush evokes Reagan’s memory in any way, Kerry can point his finger and say “I cancelled my campaign for an entire week! And by the way, I served in Vietnam!”

Reagan, of course, would have almost certainly approved of using his passing to strengthen the GOP’s political standing.

OK, let me make sure I have this straight: LGF criticizes Kerry of taking advantage of Reagan's death and making a political move by, uhm, not making any political moves. Then in the same breath, they opine that it's all right for Dubya and the rest of the Republicans to use Reagan's death for their own political advantage!

Unfuckingbelievable. How dare these assholes accuse anybody on the left of playing political football with Reagan's corpse, all while admitting to having no qualms about performing the exact same actions. This is the height of hypocrisy.