Memo to Neal Boortz: You're a fucking idiot
I can't believe I just read this. (OK, I'll admit that I can believe it, since it's a column from Townhall.com. But, still.)
To make this scenario as clear as possible, I ask you to remember one basic difference between George Bush and John Kerry. George Bush is not running on his record of military service during the Vietnam War. John Kerry is. John Kerry is not running on the basis of his recent service as an elected official. George Bush is.
Now … turn back the calendar to earlier this year. George Bush was asking the voters of this country to reelect him on the basis of his previous four years as president and commander in chief. Suddenly Democratic detractors come forward with questions about Bush’s service in the Texas Air National Guard over 30 years ago. Democratic sycophants were using words like “AWOL” and demanding investigations.
So if Bush asks the country to only take the past 4 years into account, that's it? We're all supposed to say, "Gee, duh, Bush told us not to look into his past this election, so I guess we better obey him!" What kind of fucking rationale is that? This is an election year, and the point is to win. And when a candidate has committed a crime so serious that the federal government issues an arrest warrant that's valid for 40 years, how is this not an issue? Just because the candidate didn't commit the crime in the last four years?
Fuck you, Boortz.
[Crossposted to Gotham City 13.]

<< Home