Providence really needs an Air America station
I usually turn on the radio when I wake up. And since I wake up in the afternoon, I'll catch some Rush or the local Republican host after him, Dan Yorke. Today I slept late, so I listened to the latter. Him and a caller were complaining about the protesters riding their bikes from Boston to NYC; they protested the Democratic Convention, and now they'll be protesting the Republican one. Yorke and the called questioned if these people were doing anything besides an activity which would make them feel better about themselves.
This exchange illustrates one universal trait amongst Republicans: Selfishness. Me me me, 24/7/365. All they can think about is themselves, and when discussing actions that they don't like, they make an assumption that everyone must be as self-centered as they are. Why are protesters riding their bikes to NYC? Oh, they must be in it for themselves. I wonder if it ever crossed Yorke's mind that the protesters are performing strange actions in order to generate media attention, and thus promote their causes? Maybe, just maybe, they are riding bikes from Boston to NYC to raise awareness about issues that they think affect the world?
At least they're fucking doing something.

<< Home