
Sigh...
Johnny Ramone, 1948-2004. First Joey, then Dee Dee... It's just sad. Sorry Kerry. :(
...to the newer readers here, Kerry is one of my older sisters, and she posts comments a lot. When I was 9, she got me into the Ramones. (There's nothing like a 9 year old asking his Mom what a "Teenage Lobotomy" is.) When I was 16, she took me to my first show to see the Ramones. I saw them with her again at 17, and the band broke up shortly afterwards. Since then, I've seen the Queers so many times that Joe Queer and I are on a first name basis now. The Queers used to open for the Ramones, and are well recognized as being the band that best captures the spirit of the Ramones. The Ramones have had a heavy influence on my musical tastes and style of drumming. So, I mean.. I love the Ramones, and this just sucks. It just feels so tragic.

<< Home