Hello from NH!
Hi, I'm Kerry, one of Adam's [ed note: Adam would be me -tas] 2 older sisters. I told Adam that I would post something while he was away, but that it would probably not be anything like the stuff he posts. I don't have the time to comb the news like he does, and I work second shift Friday, and double shifts on Saturdays and Sundays. By the time Monday rolls around, I usually have no clue what is happening in the world.
This morning, I got up early to give my 5 year old daughter a bath and get her off to school. Then I tried to take a nap, which I rarely do, but the frigging phone rang and I could not get back to sleep. I got up again, took a shower, and got my daughter off the school bus. I just fed her some lunch and got online to see what the latest news is. The first story I saw was about how there is trouble with the voting system in Florida again. They have had nearly 4 years to fix this problem, yet here we are just weeks before the election, and it is still screwed up. I hope that history does not repeat itself!
The next article I saw was about the flu vaccine shortage. This story appeared in the New Hampshire Sunday News, which is the Sunday edition of Manchester, NH's "Union Leader". If I were a paranoid type, I might think that the Republicans were planning on infecting a bunch of registered Democrats right before the election for obvious reasons. I got my first ever flu vaccine last year, but only because my place of work really pressured me to. I guess that I will not have to worry about being pressured this year.:)
Also featured on above the fold on the front page of the NH Sunday News was an article on whether or not the drinking age should be changed from 21 to 18. I have always believed that if you are old enough to die for your country, you should be allowed to drink there as well. 18 year olds are going to drink if they want to anyway. If it were actually legal, it might take some of the fun out of it for them.
I promise to look for some better news for tomorrow:)

<< Home