11/05/2004

Fuck moral values. Fuck'em hard.

Majikthise dismisses all of this "moral values won the election" crap.

I don't know why people are so worked up about the "moral values" finding. We all know what "moral values" means in this context, namely, gay marriage, stem cells, and abortion. It shouldn't come as any surprise that one voter in five assigns top priority to this highly charged set of issues.

Moreover, CNN seems to have phrased question in a deliberately provocative way. These results wouldn't have generated nearly such a stir if the category had been called "social issues."

Pundits have seized upon the fact that 80% of the "mv" crowd voted for Bush. Surprise. If you use notorious right wing codewords, you'll attract ring wing respondents.

(I think "ring" means "right".) That last sentence is bolded becuase it's officially the "No Shit!" line of the day. God, do I wish we had a liberal media.. Then I wouldn't need to be a blogger.