Retro Mouth

5/07/2003

In shameless news: Drug companies, among others, are vying to earn the right to patent the SARS virus, most of them are doing it so that they can profit off the drugs for it. The linked article details a little bit of history behind the patenting of living things and how it is, obviously, very controversial. How do you feel about some large corporation owning the rights to amino acids necessary for sustaining life?

posted by tas at 00:55

<< Home

Previous Posts

  • Wal-Mart is pulling magazines like Maxim, Stuff, a...
  • High ranking representatives from the US State Dep...
  • Agence France-Presse reports that the Internationa...
  • More free trade: US and Singapore about to enter i...
  • Yeah, so, uh, hey Bush, where are those weapons of...
  • The Bush administration is gathering detailed info...
  • Howard Zinn discusses what it means to be a Patrio...
  • "I don't think the war would have happened if Iraq...
  • Memo to the White Strips: I was contemplating purc...
  • I'm back at work, it's a monday, we're busy as fuc...

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]