11/10/2003

Things that shouldn't be news

Since I can't go online whenever I want this week, I have to rely upon the boob tube for a lot of my news. So let's just say that I'm not feeling all too informed. However, I do know what I don't want to be informed about, and that's Prince Charles. What did he do, what didn't he do, why can't anyone talk about it..? I honestly couldn't give half a crap. The only time I'll care is if he actually did have sex with another man, then I'll hope he weds that man so England can have two kings. Because that would just be funny.

Honestly, though, why should we care? What merit does this story have to make huge headlines on this side of the Atlantic, where what happens in the day-to-day lives of British Royality has absolutely no effect on our lives? Why are people even paying attention to it? Was it really that slow of a news day? When's the last time we heard about the Plame Affair, anyways? The Bush administration can out a CIA agent just because her husband wrote an op-ed piece that said Bush lied about WMDs in Iraq, thus threatening the agent's life. As far as I know, there have been no senior administration officials in handcuffs, so why isn't the media reporting that? That should be a larger story then whose ass Prince Charles' cock is in. Why do sex scandals like this have to be stories? Prince Charles might be gay, oooh! Who cares.. Who really cares?