It just gets worse
Everytime I see a new story about the torture and photographing of Iraq prisoners, it's more horrible than the last.
General Karpinski said the special high-security cellblock at Abu Ghraib had been under the direct control of Army intelligence officers, not the reservists under her command... she suspected that they were acting with the encouragement, if not at the direction, of military intelligence units that ran the special cellblock used for interrogation. She said that C.I.A. employees often joined in the interrogations at the prison, although she said she did not know if they had unrestricted access to the cellblock....
Prisoners were beaten and threatened with rape, electrocution and dog attacks, witnesses told Army investigators, according to the report obtained by The New Yorker. Much of the abuse was sexual, with prisoners often kept naked and forced to perform simulated and real sex acts, witnesses testified.
Beaten? Raped? Electrocuted? Gee, all those right wing blogs told me this is only humiliation... I dunno who's the bigger asshole now.

<< Home