I don't want to believe this news source...
[Updated, kind of making this post null and void.]
...but I don't know what to believe anymore. Take a look at this article from Jihad Unspun, a news source whose bias should be obvious. This was printed yesterday.
While fighting in Fallujah has been less intense in some parts and non-existent in others as a new offensive is being formulated, the American occupiers are being forced to fend off constant attacks in many cities across Iraq. A barrage of rockets fell on American bases in Saddam [Yup, they still call it Saddam, not Baghdad International] and Al-Muthanna airports and Eagles Camp yesterday. Attacks in Abu Ghraib [Whu?], Al-Dawrah, Al Souwairah, Al-Radwaniah, and Al-Latifiah cost American occupation forces 36 lives, a Cobra, an Apache, a Reconnaissance plane, and a number of tanks and armored vehicles.
36 lives? That seems awfully high. I like to think that I've been paying attention to Iraq, but 36 soldier's lives in one day? I haven't been able to verify this figure anyplace else, nor have I been able to verify that attacks have happened in the cities that they listed. So I have no reason to trust this news source.
But what if it's true? After looking at some news reports from mainstream sources, I'm not quite sure who to believe anymore. Rimone found a couple links proving that the mainstream press has lied about how many soldiers were injured in Falluja. She's also left comments here about seeing more of the Marine shooting video then we have been allowed to see here in the states. I know it's not much of a revelation to say that the mainstream media isn't telling us the truth, but seeing these latest lies and looking at that war report from a dubious source biased against the US leaves me wondering what, if anything, should I believe.

<< Home