11/18/2004

Dissention? Debate? Fuck that!

I wish I could find a transcript of Pat Buchanan on Imus yesterday morning. (The fact that I can make this statement and, if ever so briefly, seek to align myself with this man, just goes to show you how fucked up this country is right now.) I don't normally listen to Imus, but I caught his show yesterday, and he was talking about the reshuffling of Bush's cabinet with Buchanan. Most of you know that Buchanan was a speech writer for Nixon, so while not high up in his administration, he was certainly an insider. And Buchanan had the same complaints about Bush's new cabinet that we see from the left: He's stacking it with a bunch of "Yes" men and women who will do his bidding without question. Buchanan noted that even Nixon knew that debate among administration officials is healthy, and he purposely appointed people to his cabinet who would argue with each other. He made a point to note that Nixon even appointed Democrats.

I never thought I'd see the day when I'd rather have Nixon in office...