Random Notes
Well, even though Verizon didn't show up today, my DSL line appears to be back. Since I'm using it right now and just -- ow! -- pinched myself, I must not be dreaming. Hopefully it stays up, even though Verizon still needs to take a look at the lines. I had to call them to have them tell me that they couldn't come out today and never intended to call me about it. Gee, that was nice of them. Maybe they can reimburse me for the pay I lost when I took a half day out of work.
Now that I have my DSL line back, I'll have time to check out a few blogs that have fresh new links to Loaded Mouth. Eight of them that I haven't seen yet, I'm hoping they have a lot of news on them because it looks like I'll be able to start blogging full time again tomorrow. If, of course, the DSL line holds up. Please please please, huminahuminahumina, staaaaaay!
If you get a chance, check out the comments from my letter to Bush that I posted yesterday. I've made no secret of the fact that I'm a victim to Bush's economic policies, but I haven't seen other bloggers posting their personal experiences about day-to-day life living under the reign of the shrub. Personally, I feel that we need more voices out there expressing how they have suffered under the shrub's regime. It doesn't take an economist to figure out that the White House is lying about the economy, and that things are not going to get better if good jobs for skilled workers are being shipped overseas, and the corporations who received massive tax cuts to kickstart the economy by creating jobs aren't helping by creating seasonal jobs for the Christmas season. When service and temporary positions are the only jobs out there for skilled workers to take when they find their jobs shipped across the ocean, it's not going to help the economy. This is a basic fact that is free of the taint of partisanship; it's common sense. It really can't be denied. And those who try to deny it are lying to you.
If you have been marginalized by Bush's economy, leave a comment. Post it to your blog. Write a letter to your local daily newspaper and alternative weekly, if you have one in the area. Write Buzzflash a letter to put in their mailbag. What Bush has done to our economy needs to be documented by those who are living the truth. We will NOT let the White House and the Republicans use the docile press to spread their propaganda, talking about how the economy is getting better and new jobs are being created. We will not let them spread lies.

<< Home