My thank you note to George W. Bush
Dear Mr. pResident,
The new service job I have is great, and being the grateful person I am, I'm just like to thank you for the shape of the economy while it has been under your caring and watchful eye.
When I was a child, I always dreamed that I wouldn't be able to find a job in the field of labor I'm skilled in, and that I've worked in for 5 years. I relish in the opportunity to take a pay cut, going from $15 to $8.50 an hour at a temporary seasonal job. This makes me feel safe and secure, and I'm planning my next vacation right after I finish this letter!
Giving tax cuts to rich folks who continue to ship good, skilled American jobs overseas, sir, that's just a stroke of genius. I mean, who would have thought that the economy would grow on the backs of all the new part time service and temporary jobs that you have helped to create. Instead of having a career, now I have a McJob! Now I can only afford to pay for the basics: food, clothing, roof over my head, telephone. and high speed internet. You see, I need the high speed internet to look for a job online while still keeping my phone line open. While you may think of this as a luxury, it's now a necessity. Having it leaves less money in my pockets to do Christmas shopping with. Isn't that great?! I'll be spending less money during the season when the American economy needs the most money spent! And after the season passes, my job will disappear, too!
Genius, sir. Simply genius. You are a deity among men. I hope you get selected for a few more terms in office!
Keep up the good work. I'm sure the American people will appeciate it and vote for you next November, but in case you have any doubts, you might want to rig the election again.
Toodles!,
tas

<< Home