8/16/2004

How much longer?

About a month ago, I wrote a letter to my local paper about their lack of coverage concerning Sudan. An editor replied, telling me there's plenty of coverage about it, didn't I see the op-ed piece?

An op-ed piece, oooooh. Big fucking whoop.

But after giving the editorial/op-ed page a look today, I could only wish for such a piece. Now, in it's "Voices Around The World" section that takes up a whole sixth of a page, there's a blurb about Sudan which contains information that's all a week old. It talks about the African Union sending in 2000 troops, but says nothing about those plans being canceled because the Sudanese government, with the help of the Arab League, suddenly opposed them.

Ironically enough, the blurb starts with, "How much longer is the West going to stand by..."

How much longer is our lapdog media going to stand by and let Sudan commit genocide against its own people?

[cc: letters@projo.com]